I had a really long conversation with Katy about all the people we've ever dated and what they taught us. Even if these relationships didn't work out, they gave us some really great things. It took me a very long time to compile this list, I put a lot of thought in it.
T- First love really erases all bad memories. Its really funny to look back on how young we were. This relationship obviously felt real at the time, but I can't help but laugh when I think about how gay we were.
C- Gave me lots of new music, wrote a few songs about me. Sucks that he gave up on our friendship. Still can't listen to Blink 182 without remembering 7 summers of fun.
R-Gained intense love of old country and bluegrass music. First whiskey drinks. Learned that cooking for boys is a great way to make them feel really good. Learned you don't have to have money to have a good date..see going to the park and having a picnic.
E- Did you ever date someone who would fuck anything that walked? Once a cheater, always a cheater. Beware of guys who make too many excuses and have too many 'friends that are girls.' We had some good times when I didn't know what was going on, but this was probably my biggest learning experience in trust. I built lots of walls after this relationship and probably will never talk to him again. I don't have tattoos, so I was never 'good' enough for him anyway. At least I got to be friends with Aubrey out of his deceiving ways.
Be- Sometimes it takes a really hot guy to boost your confidence..even if its a really, really dumb decision to date a mimbo.
Br- Knowledge of downtown Indianapolis.
A- Appreciation for hippie foods and hippie music. Learned how to clear weights pretty well. Learned working out can be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment