
I just made an amazing station on Pandora about Bobby Darin's most popular song 'Dream Lover.' Its done nothing but surprise me. So I just had my friend over for coffee and he went outside to smoke on my balcony and noticed a lightning bug on the screen. He flicked it, it was a cockroach. FML. I'm so grossed out.
Bagheera is sleeping on my desk watching me type and listening to 50s music. I couldn't have asked for a cooler cat, pun intended. He's gotten really good at sleeping in cars on car rides instead of being a little squirmy wormy.
First of all, since I collect rubber duckies, I really want these scientist ones. Speaking of science, Aubrey's going away party was last night. In between conversations, tears shed, three tornado sirens, and many things spilled it was a pretty okay time. Unfortunately, some girl got way too shitcanned and puked all over Aub's bed, computer, floor, and Bagheera's litterbox. This morning and afternoon were spent by Aub and I cleaned puke out of a thickly piled carpet. Her room still smells like butt, but hopefully the smell will go away soon so she gets her deposit back before Arizona. I'm going to miss her so much! We haven't been friends for that long, but I consider her one of my bests. I cried for about an hour after I left her apartment, and am getting pretty moist eyed from typing this. We were pretty upset that we missed the pin-up contest at the Road Rockin' Rumble today. I bet she would have won. Tiffany entered and placed in the final round which is amazing! Whoo-hoo for her.
'Rhythm of the Rain' by the Cascades is a badass song. I miss Eric a lot. Its okay though, I'll just be a cat lady until he gets back. I haven't gotten to talk to him much lately, and he's on Chicago time right now, the cheeky bugger.
I'm really excited to move in to my new house! It was built in the late 40s and is simply charming. I have a really big room! Reasons why I want to move out include the cockroach issue, space issue, roommate issue (like because she threw all of my stuff from the front room into a giant pile in the middle of my floor so she could take the couch and the coffee table, thereby crushing some of my hats and other assorted items), the mess issue, and the living across from two sororities issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment